Last updated May 01, 2019
At Bestoutdooradventure.com we are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us here.
1. What Information do we Collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name and contact information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when contacting us or commenting on the site.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the sites, and the choices and features you use. The personal information we may collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, and email address.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joining marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information, marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2. Will your Information be Shared with Anyone?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, government requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers: W may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the site. These companies may use information about your visits to our site and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
4. What is our Stance on Third-Party Websites?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-arty providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our website.
5. How Long do we Keep your Information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6. How do we Keep your Information Safe?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our site is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
7. Do we Collect Information from Minors?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records.
8. What are your Privacy Rights?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our site.
9. Controls for Do-Not-Track Features
10. Do California Residents have Specific Privacy Rights?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to us here.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the site, you have the rights to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the link above, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the site, but please be aware that data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
11. Do we Make Updates to this Policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
12. How can you Contact us About this Policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, please contact us here.